Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Two Month Tribute

There was a beautiful glow about you.  A peace that spread throughout your body and face as if your soul had drifted off into a world that felt no pain, experienced no stress, and banished all heartache.  You let yourself go in the same manner that you let  yourself live; beautifully, dignified, and proud.

I know whenever I look up at the stars at night, the brightest one shining is you.  I know you are soaring high above the earth, experiencing the world in a light that extinguished while you were here in life.  I know whenever the cold wind kisses my cheek, it is your soft lips and whisper of encouragement, to reassure me that I'm alright.

You are the light that guides me through the darkened hallway.
You are the sun that rises in the brisk, bitter dawn.
You are the voice that makes me feel through the emptiness in my chest.
You are my angel, my shining star, and always my serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment