Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Remember...

I remember looking at the dust floating aimlessly in the ray of sun shining through my bedroom window.  I was fascinated by it.  I would reach out and try and catch the little diamonds shining in the air.

I remember riding in the car and wondering why the cars that passed us made a whooshing sound every time they passed us.  I was fascinated by the whoosh as they sped by.

I remember being curious of everything; back when hiding under the table meant no one could see me.  I remember finding interesting artifacts in the woods, like old tin cans and raccoon bones and thinking that I had found something wonderful.  I remember the excitement of chalk hitting sidewalk, knowing I could create a work of art in the driveway.

I remember getting so excited when I knew a friend was coming over.  I would plan all of these things we could do and all of the games we would play.

I remember feeling so triumphant when I'd make it to the top of the hill, sled in hand.  The wind hitting my face, as I hit astronomical speeds made me feel like I was the happiest person in the world.

The newest Disney movies were always stacked on the shelf and Chips Ahoy sat on the counter.  They were simpler times...more exciting times.  That was when coloring in the lines and how curly the hair was on my self portrait were my biggest concerns.  I remember laughing.... And meaning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment